Free School Meals
We want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can. Healthy school food has obvious health benefits and can help pupils establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve pupils’ readiness to learn.
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £1,345 for your child’s primary school, to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed above.
To check if your child is eligible, we need information about you and your child. Please ask at the office for an application form.
Should you wish any help with completing the form our Home School Link Worker will be happy to help. Appointments can be made through the office.