The Town Farm Governing Body
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor. The governing body at Town Farm have agreed to follow a code of conduct and adhere to the Nolan principles of public service. They are also an integral part of our collective journey to THE TOWN FARM STANDARD.
The Governing Body supports Town Farm Primary School and Nursery on its journey to the Town Farm Standard that at its core is the relentless pursuit of the highest standards in education.
- ensure the aims and strategic direction of the school are being followed
- monitor the educational provision and resources of the school
- check the progress of its pupils
- support and challenge the school leadership team to provide a safe and enriching learning environment monitor the financial management of the school
- ensure the school has a long-term commitment to improvement
- celebrate the school's achievements
- listen and respond to children, parents, teachers and the local community monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of policies and action plans
- ensure that all Governors have the necessary skills to carry out their duties.