Nursery is a vitally important first step in our school and is the basis for an enjoyment of learning which will support our children through the rest of their lives in school and beyond.
We provide an extremely well equipped indoor and outdoor learning environment, for example:
- A wide range of language rich role-play opportunities which change and adapt as the children’s interests develop.
- Small and large construction equipment where the children gain vital skills in building, space, shape and measure.
- We offer a large climbing frame to support the children in their physical development.
- A large indoor and outdoor space that has painting, sand and water, mark making which we plan for and adapt according to the children’s interests.
- Nursery children integrate with reception children as part of our EYFS unit to help transition and encourages them to be independent learners.
The Early Years Foundation Stage is based on three prime areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
The other four areas are known as the specific areas, through which the three prime areas of strengthened and applied. The specific areas are;
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Please see below for important curriculum documents that we use at Town Farm Primary School & Nursery to support your child's learning