Through our curricular and extra-curricular provision, we are dedicated to ensuring that every young person has the opportunity and confidence to participate, lead and perform in PE and Sport.
It is our belief that engagement in PE and Sport can support the holistic development of young people by giving them the opportunity to develop key skills and attributes, including teamwork, fair play and respect for others.
Sport Premium Funding
Since March 2013 the government has provided additional funding to improve provision of PE and Sport in primary schools in England – the Primary PE and Sport Premium. The funding that the school receives must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and Sport that is offered at Town Farm School, to benefit all pupils and encourage healthy, active lifestyles.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- Engage all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- Raise the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport
- Offer a broader experience of a range of sports and activities to its pupils
- Increase participation in competitive sport
Please read the information below which gives details of out PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
You can find more information from the government website here