Keeping Children Safe Online
Please use the link below to access information about keeping your child safe online.
Parent and pupil guide to using Microsoft OneNote Class Notebook for home learning.
In the event that there is a case of COVID in a pupil or class member, our education offer will continue remotely for the period of time that your child is out of school. The expectation is that pupils complete home learning every day.
In line with government advice, the school is setting up remote learning for all pupils via Microsoft OneNote Class Notebook.
Microsoft OneNote Class Notebook is free to use and can be accessed anywhere, on any internet-enabled device via a web browser like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Simply navigate to http://portal.office.com and sign in with your child’s school email and password (see below).
Alternatively, you can download the app to an internet-enabled smartphone or tablet and sign in with your child’s school email and password.
E.G. Peter Petrov is a year 6 student. His school username is "PeterP" and his password is pp1234.
In order for Peter to log in, he will go to http://portal.office.com and sign in as firstname.lastname@example.org with the password “pp1234”. (Remember to add @town-farm.surrey.sch after the username).
This then opens an RM login page, where Peter will login with his short username “PeterP” and the same password, “pp1234”
Peter can then open OneNote to find his Class Notebook.
OneNote Class Notebook
The Class Notebook is divided into sections:
- Content Library — A read-only space where teachers might share items for pupils to look at.
- Pupil Notebooks — A private space shared between the teacher and each individual pupil. Teachers can access every pupil notebook, while students can only see their own.
How to find the home learning for each pupil
- Click on the pupil name. You will see sections organised by week.
- Click on the week of learning you need.
- You will see pages with the learning for each day and lesson.
- Click on the lesson to view it.
How to complete the home learning
- There might be a video to watch, and work to complete. If you are working on a laptop, simply begin typing your answers/responses. If you are using a smartphone or tablet, you can zoom in and out and draw your answers using the pen tool.
- If you would like the page to be read to you: on a laptop, click ‘View’ and select ‘Immersive Reader’. The reader will open in another window and read the text. If you are using a smartphone or tablet, click the 3 dots at the top right of the page and select ‘Immersive Reader’. This also opens another page which will read the text aloud.
Once you have written or drawn your responses, there is no need to do anything else – your teacher will be able to see your work and will mark it and give feedback just as they would do in class.
Remember to complete all of the work to the best of your ability. If you have any questions, type them onto the relevant page and your teacher will respond.