Advice for Visitors & Volunteers
COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines
Town Farm Primary School and Nursery is asking for the support and understanding of our visitors in helping us minimise the risk of COVID-19.
Town Farm continues to take guidance from Public Health England and Surrey County Council. Taking this into account, we are now limiting access to the site to essential visitors only. If you are unsure as to whether your proposed visit is considered essential, please email the School Reception, firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to effectively reduce risks in our school and create an inherently safer environment we have a system of controls grouped into ‘prevention’ and ‘response to any infection’.
1. Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not visit school. This will include the following:
· you have travelled from or transited through any of the countries or areas that are currently on ‘lockdown’ in the past 14 days.
· you have developed a fever (above 37.8C) or a new, continuous cough within the last seven days.
· anyone in your household is required to self-isolate in accordance with Government guidelines.
2. Whilst we do not advocate the use of face masks in the school building, visitors may use these if they have been recommended to do so.
3. Along with all members of the Town Farm community, any visitors to the school should clean hands thoroughly with soap and water before leaving home and once they arrive at our school. Hand sanitiser will also be available on arrival and throughout your visit as an alternative.
4. Please ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
5. Cleaning of frequently touched surfaces will take place before and after any meetings with visitors.
6. All visitors will minimise contact between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible.
7. Visitors are asked to contact the school should they develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of visiting the school.
Response to any infection
1. In order to respond to any infection in the school, visitors are asked to leave their contact information in case we are required to contact you in the future. Details will be securely destroyed after 21 days.
2. The school will contain and manage any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.
For the avoidance of potential embarrassment, we would also like to advise you that the school is currently operating a ‘no handshake’ policy for all members of its community.
We apologise for not being able to give you our usual warm welcome, but we must take the current situation very seriously and look after the welfare of our pupils and staff.
If you have any questions, please contact the member of staff you were due to visit.