GUIDANCE FOR HOME LEARNING
Welcome to Year 4 Home learning
We hope you enjoy the range of activities we have set you to support you in your learning offline. We have provided a large number of activities for ENGLISH, MATHEMATICS AND THE WIDER CURRICULUM. In addition, we have also provided you with ‘THE GREAT 8 CHALLENGE’ which is a creative and interactive challenge allowing pupils to stay busy and use their skills.
A series of activities are set for the week, mostly based on an animation or text provided. In addition to the set tasks, we are encouraging daily reading for pleasure, have included spelling lists for bespoke weekly tests at home and provided you with a selection of poems to enjoy.
We have provided a range of different tasks. You can complete the learning packs from Mathematics Mastery, the practical daily tasks using the maths skills taught or go online and sign into Mangahigh to complete assigned tasks and explore other activities and games.
A range of different activities which require the skills used in our Science and foundation subjects. These activities can be done together and in any order
The activities provided are to be used at your own discretion and at your own speed, so please do not feel obligated to complete everything. Do as much as you feel able to; staying safe, active and positive during this period of uncertainty is the most important priority for you and your family.
Home Learning Top Tips
1. Don’t try and replicate school – you can only do you best so don’t put pressure on yourself!
2. Establish a timetable that suits you and your child / children!
3. Find a suitable place to complete work which is quiet and will enable you children to focus.
4. Balance online time with offline time.
5. Have confidence in yourself.
6. Speak to teachers – lots of advice and guidance exists online to help.
7. Buddy up with other parents where possible.
8. Relax – your children aren’t going to miss out, the entire population is in this together!