At Town Farm we believe the way to secure performance at the highest levels is to create a system that expects significantly more from more pupils; in so doing, we would succeed in raising the performance of the whole school population:
We aim to:
- Recognise and support the abilities, personal qualities and talents of all pupils.
- Promote a sense of enjoyment and excitement in learning and a culture of high expectation for all pupils.
- Provide challenge for all, including the most able, employing a range of teaching methods which encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Develop a recognition and awareness of able pupils and their individual strengths.
- Ensure that all teachers share responsibility for the monitoring of pupils, including the most able.
- Recognise under-achievement and seek to remove any barriers to learning.
- Provide opportunities for all pupils to develop their strengths through high quality extra-curricular activities and curriculum enrichment, including specific provision for able pupils.
- Consider the personal, social and emotional needs of all pupils, including those of our most able.
- Work in partnership with parents to maximise the opportunities for pupils’ to reach their potential.
- Celebrate the achievements of all pupils.
- Use national standards to regularly review our provision for the more able.